The value of the transaction will not be disclosed. The transaction is subject to a clearance by the relevant antimonopoly authorities.
Over the past five years, the Group acquisition-led growth strategy has seen revenues increase significantly. In this period, Alpha Medical has successfully entered two new countries and has established top five position in all three markets including market leadership in Slovakia and second position in the Czech Republic. The network reached significant efficiency improvement through central procurement, laboratory centralization and personal cost driving.
"Alpha Medical is a great company with strong fundaments. We have grown it from EUR 2 million sales in 2006 to current 65 million. Being 6 years in a business, which we started from the scratch, made Alpha Medical a matured investment in our portfolio. We are very satisfied with the project results and wish Mid Europa success in a continued expansion and development of the Group," said Eduard Maták, Partner of Penta Investments responsible for healthcare portfolio.
About Alpha Medical
- Alpha Medical operates 57 medical laboratories in Slovakia, Czech Republic and Poland
- The group has reported revenues of EUR 47.6 million in 2011 and is forecasting the revenues of EUR 65 million in 2012.
- Last year, Alpha Medical group completed over 25 million tests for some 5 million patients. The Group offers a comprehensive "one-stop-shop" of services where all tests that physicians prescribe are performed.
- Network consists of large fully-equipped laboratory centres and small low-cost satellite laboratories able to fully meet any physicians' or hospitals' needs. Operations of laboratory network are interconnected and centralized in order to achieve the best effectiveness and cost-based efficiency.
- Laboratories have an excellent medical reputation and brand name, backed by country accreditations and ISO quality control standards.
- Alpha Medical provides 900 jobs.