"We want to give a clear signal to the market that we want to invest in energy and that - despite the current crisis - Penta has resources for investing in new projects. The energy sector is among the so-called defensive sectors which are not so hard-stricken by the current crisis," said Jozef Sekerka, Managing Director PPC Energy Group.
Eligible projects should meet the following parameters:
- investment in the range of EUR 80 million to EUR 300 million
- energy output of the source from 100 to 400 MW.
"Given the orientation of PPC, we are looking mainly for projects in the area of combined heat and power generation, power generation, and heat generation and distribution," concluded Jozef Sekerka.
The details of the call are published on the website www.paroplyn.sk.
- PPC is a holding company based in Bratislava; it was founded in late 2007 as a provider of comprehensive services to the energy sector.
- The holding plans to reach a generation capacity of 1,000 MW in Central and Eastern Europe in the next 5 years.
- The holding owns PPC Power which operates a 218 MW co-generation unit (formerly the steam-gas cycle of PPC). The second company in the holding is PPC Energy which builds new generation units and is currently building a new unit of 58 MW, to be commissioned in 2010.
- In 2008, the production parts of the current holding generated revenues of EUR 130 million.