The transaction is a subject of the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection approval.
"Acquisition of Mediq pharmacies in Poland will move Dr. Max in to the leading positions in Poland. In upcoming months, we will focus on proper consolidation of our newly enlarged pharmacy chain, which will enable our customers to enjoy broad variety of services and benefits," Eduard Maták, Partner of Penta Investments responsible for healthcare portfolio said.
Dr. Max is one of the most significant Penta portfolio companies. Current transaction would enhance Dr. Max´s position in the Polish market and accelerate its expansion in the country.
About Dr. Max
Dr. Max is one of the biggest pharmacy chains in Central Europe. It is a market leader in the Czech Republic (25% market share) and Slovakia (15%). The brand was established by Penta after first successful acquisitions of pharmacy outlets in the Czech Republic and in Slovakia. Since 2005, Penta has been involved in the project.
- Over 500 pharmacies in the chain, currently 70 pharmacies in Poland
- Sales of EUR 620 million (2012)
- Over 130,000 customers served daily
- >100 private labels (SKU's) on sale
- Over 2,500 employees
About Mediq Apteka
- The pharmacies generate sales of EUR 140 million
- Headquartered in Warsaw, Mediq Apteka operates 190 own pharmacies and 79 franchise pharmacies