An approval from the Hungarian Bureau of Antitrust Regulation is a condition for the successful finalization of the transaction. The value of the transaction has not been publicized.
"The acquisition of the Kaiser company represents an important strengthening of the international holding of Carnibona in Hungary. Kaiser generates excellent products with a strong brand, thus creating a number collaborations with the Debreceni group," Peter Ondro, the general director of Carnibona says.
"I have accepted an offer to make Kaiser part of Carnibona, a strong international group, which will guarantee stability and development," Attila Réti, the owner of Kaiser company explains.
- Kaiser Company is comprised of two production plants in Mosonmagyarovári and in Abda, has 250 employees and within the year 2009 reached a profit of some 5 billion Forints (roughly EUR 18 million).
- The production plant in Mosonmagyarovári produces dry and half dry salamis and sausages.
- The production plant in Abda produces a wide range of meat products, hams, smoked and boiled salamis, liver pate and meat spreads.
- Penta entered the meat industry in 2007 through the acquisition of the Slovak producer PM Zbrojníky
- In 2008, Penta bought the largest producer of meat and meat products in the Slovak Republic, the Mecom Group, and the second largest meat producer in Hungary, the Debreceni Group. These purchases were the commencement of Penta's Central European holding of meat producers under the name Carnibona with a goal to consolidate regional producers and create the strongest player on the market.
- In 2009, Carnibona holding reached a revenue of EUR 248 million.