Penta ended 2016 with exceptional economic results. Total assets of portfolio companies increased as compared to 2015 by 21% (€ 8.5 billion) and the group’s profit by 25% (€ 251 mil.). The positive results were in particular supported by the performance of the group’s companies, a significant share in this having been taken by sale of Gimborn and Penta’s first construction project in the Czech Republic – Florentina.
The several acquisitions made last year are in particular dominated by Sberbank Slovakia, and also purchase of regional hospitals in Poland and Slovakia. Dr Max entered the Serbian market, its overall network comprising 1,026 pharmacies at the end of the year. Fortuna extended its brand coverage to include Romania and Penta purchased Vrchlabí Hospital in the Czech Republic. After Slovakia and Poland, the group will thus also be developing its strategic investment into healthcare in the Czech Republic. The group also registered an exceptional year in its development activities – announcing among other things purchase of the Nusle Brewery brownfield site in Prague and entrance into Vítězné náměstí. Apart from the area around Masaryk Station, construction work will also be performed near the Main Railway Station.
“This year, I expect increase in the group’s value, in particular thanks to foreign expansion. In the case of Dr. Max that is certain in Serbia and Romania and very likely in Italy. Fortuna will also be entering other markets.”
Year-on-year comparison of key data
|Total assets of portfolio companies||€ 8,5 billion||€ 7 billion|
|Net profit||€ 251 mil.||€ 200 mil.|
|Cumulative revenue of portfolio companies||€ 5,6 billion||€ 5,4 billion|
|Adjusted EBITDA of all portfolio companies||€ 322 mil.||€ 381 mil.|
Penta paid a total of € 201,3 mil. in tax, social security and health insurance deductions for its employees.
The ten main events of 2016
- Successful exit from the first construction project by Penta in CZ – Florentina
- Decision on renewal of aircraft production in Aero
- Strengthening of the financial segment with acquisition of Sberbank SR
- Successful exit of Gimborn in Germany
- Official presentation of CBD near Masaryk Station according to plans by Zaha Hadid
- Commencement of construction of Sky Park in Bratislava
- Entry into the healthcare sector in CZ with acquisition of the Vrchlabí Hospital
- Start of expansion of Dr. Max into southern Europe
- Entry by Penta onto the Romanian market under the Fortuna brand
- Decision to build the NG Hospital in Bratislava